Announcing the all-new fourth edition of the popular Franklin Covey Style Guide for Business and Technical Communication. Get ready to look at your writing skills in a whole new way. This book goes beyond the mere grammar and punctuation rules most books focus on alone. You’ll explore the other elements on the pages that make your communications fail or succeed. But don’t be alarmed we haven’t forgotten the basic aim of this book is to help you serve your customers and your coworkers by:
- Communicating information that people can understand and use.
- Complying with the best current styles and practices in business and technical communication.
- Saving time and money for your customers because they won’t have to contend with misleading and unprofessional documents.
This is really much more than a grammar and punctuation handbook, you’ll learn to:
- Produce documents that reflect quality writing standards
- Access more than 110 topics covering everything from document design, graphics and parts of speech to punctuation, sentence style and word choice
- Create documents from start to finish and avoid writer’s block
- Write effective memos, letters and resumes with the help of more than 30 model documents
- Design effective, understandable graphics that enhance and convey your message
- Discover and prioritize information
- And so much more!
This truly is a unique guidebook designed to help you write documents that will achieve the results you expect and need! It goes beyond the basics of grammar and punctuation to address design, graphics, style and many other aspects of writing that play a role in getting your point across clearly, concisely and effectively. So if you have ever thought you wanted to take your writing skills to the next level, this is the resource that will take you there.